On the first day of summer, what could be more refreshing than a good salad?
This one is a good fit with grilled meat, chicken or fish but if you're doing a meatless meal add some crumbled blue, feta or goat cheese. Or hard cooked eggs. Or tofu.
Doesn't get much easier than this.
I used La Tourangelle* avocado oil for this -- it is rich, with a fabulous mouth-feel and is a really delicious vegetable oil for salad. But olive oil would be fine too.
*I did not get paid for this or receive free product. I just love La Tourangelle products.
Arugula Salad with Grapes and Dates
- 2 cups (packed) baby arugula
- 2 cups (packed) shredded radicchio
- 1 cup halved red grapes
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or use olive oil)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Place the arugula, radicchio, grapes, dates and avocado in a salad bowl and toss the ingredients to distribute them evenly. Pour the avocado oil over the salad and toss to coat them. Pour the balsamic vinegar over the salad and toss again. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 4-6 servings